Here are just 5 ways you can do so:
- Practice mindfulness around food. Ways to do so include waiting until you are truly hungry to eat, taking the time to prepare food, chewing conscientiously, and turning off any outside stimuli, such as the television, your phone, or computer.
- Eat your greens. The healthiest, most nutrient-dense food groups on the planet can do incredible things for your body including, fight off cancer cells, help your vision, make your skin glow, and support heart health. Aim for at least 3 servings of leafy green veggies every day. One serving equals 1 cup raw or 1/2 cup cooked.
- Pound pavement (or exercise equipment). Moving your body provides limitless benefits including improving circulation, detoxifying your entire body, and boosting immune function.
- Break up with meat (if you are still eating it). This includes fish, white meat, dairy, and eggs. Eat plants for optimal health, a decreased impact on the planet, and for the love of animals.
- Reward yourself with non-food treats. From a hot bath to reading an indulgent book or magazine, there are so many ways to treat yourself that do not involve eating less-than-wholesome comfort food.
Happy Valentine’s Day…or as my daughter calls it…Happy Vegantine’s Day!