You can have your cheese and eat it, too!
There are a plethora of paramount health reasons to ditch dairy – particularly in the form of cheese – from the high saturated fat, sodium, cholesterol, and hormone content to the opiate-like casomorphins that encourage its addictiveness. Just the mere fact that approximately 75 percent of the global population is lactose intolerant is enough to reason that we have no business consuming the milk of another species! Fortunately, there has never been an easier time to chuck cheese because there are infinite plant-based alternatives available both commercially and in the DIY format (a la delicious recipes).
To reduce calorie density and maximize nutrient density, I recommend minimizing or avoiding the use of oils. Thus, if you love cheese the way many people do, it is ideal to make your own without using oils.
Here is a collection of 20 whole food, plant-based cheese recipes that are easy to make, oil-free, and absolutely divine…
1. Vegan Feta (That Tastes Really Good!) by Dreena Burton
2. Cheesy Cauliflower Sauce by Fat Free Vegan
3. Vegan Cheese Sauce by Contentedness Cooking
4. Nut-Free Vegan Nacho Cheese Slices by Vegan Richa
5. “Cheezy” Cashew Dip by Jazzy Vegetarian
6. Sharp White Cheese Sauce by Veggies Don’t Bite
7. 6 Ingredient Vegan Cheddar Cheese Sauce by Veganosity
8. Pistachio-Crusted Cheese Ball by Jessica in the Kitchen
9. Veggie Cream Cheese Spread by Veggie Inspired
10. Spicy Vegan Almond Cheese Spread by Vegan Chickpea
12. Vegan Queso Fundido by Veganosity
13. 2 Vegan Parmesan Substitutes: Brazil Nut Parmesan and Cheesy Sprinkle by Dreena Burton
14. Walnut and Herb Vegan Cheese by Green Evi
15. Jalapeno Cashew Cheese Spread by Cadry’s Kitchen
16. Sundried Tomato Cashew Cheese by Loving It Vegan
17. Vegan Cheese Quesadillas by Contentedness Cooking
18. Ultimate “Cheese” Sauce by Veggies Don’t Bite
19. Vegveeta Dip by Dreena Burton
20. Roasted Garlic Cheese Fritters by Contentedness Cooking