Holiday time is usually centered upon meals…parties, celebrations, family gatherings….They are basically eating opportunities gone wild! It is commonly agreed upon that a certain weight gain is expected between Halloween and New Years….upon which, the focus shifts from accumulating towards removing those excess pounds as a resolution for the new year. The average weight gain during the annual holiday season ranges from 5-10 pounds. If you fail to accommodate for these subtle additions to your body, you could pack on some serious poundage over the years and increase your risk of virtually all chronic diseases at your disposal.
This year, Forks Over Knives – the best documentary of 2011 and New York Times Bestselling Book – is streaming a live Thanksgiving cooking demo LIVE! On Thursday, the 17th of November, I will be creating an entire whole food, plant-based Thanksgiving meal to show how easy it is to make healthy delicious…even during the holidays!
- Kale Salad with Maple Mustard Dressing (inspired by my partner-in-crime Chef AJ’s House Dressing)
- Tempeh Italiano…from The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Gluten-Free Vegan Cooking which I co-authored with the brilliantly creative and talented Chef Beverly Lynn Bennett (publishing on December 6th)
- Stuffed Acorn Squash (original recipe exclusively for this event)
- Berry Apple Relish (original recipe exclusively for this event)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (a version based off of my Blueberry Oat Breakfast Muffins in the Forks Over Knives book)