Writing, Interviews, and Personal Bookings
Julieanna specializes in weight loss, sports nutrition, as well as disease prevention, management, and reversal. She works with people across the lifespan (from infants to seniors) and with various health concerns and goals. Julieanna guides her clients through a transition to a healthy, whole food, plant-based diet, helping fulfill the goals of:
- Achieving and maintaining ideal body weight
- Recovering from sugar and other food addiction
- Incorporating a balanced, varied, health-promoting diet
- Managing-and commonly reversing- chronic disease, including: high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol levels, heart disease, diabetes, cancers, certain autoimmune diseases, food allergies and intolerances, gastrointestinal conditions such as Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome, renal disease, osteoporosis and osteopenia, eating disorders, osteoarthritis, and more
- Enhancing sports and exercise performance, including endurance and strength athletes, professional athletes, and those seeking improvements in their fitness results
- Perinatal care- ensuring adequate nutrient intake during prenatal and breastfeeding periods
- Helping parents feed their children, from infants to picky toddlers, all the way to the teenage years
Julieanna is available for private, semi-private, and group consultations via email, phone, Skype, Facetime, Google Hangout, as well as via in-home around the Los Angeles and Ventura County areas.
Lectures, Presentations, and Seminars
Julieanna is an internationally-renowned and highly sought-after speaker who brings passion and influence to her audience. She regularly speaks at health and inspirational seminars, medical and heath conferences, corporate wellness events, Universities, and for private groups. Julieanna panels screenings of plant-based documentaries and develops wellness seminars.
Popular topics for lectures include:
- Food is Medicine: Simple Steps to Fill Your Plate with Delicious Food. A whole food, plant-based diet has been associated with myriad, significant health advantages. But transitioning to this new way of life may be overwhelming initially, as you learn this new language and your habits are being formed. From shopping to meal planning and stocking your kitchen to supplement needs, Julieanna will dive deep into practical solutions to make eating delicious, nutritious plants effortless. This lecture covers how to get the most of what a plant palate proffers.
- Mediterranean Diet: Lessons From A Plant-Based Dietitian. The Mediterranean diet has been considered the gold standard dietary pattern for decades, and with good reason: it has been linked with lowered risks of cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s. In this talk, Julieanna demonstrates why olive oil, fish, and red wine are not the secret to health and longevity, but, rather, that by focusing on whole-plant foods that promote long-term wellness and ideal weight management, you can reap the benefits of the most researched and beloved diet—made even healthier.
- Let the Myths Stop Here. Despite major technological advances in health and medicine, nutrition remains one of the most misinterpreted and confusing sciences of our generation. From carbs and protein to metabolism and weight loss, clashing opinions and mayhem in the media have resulted in mass misunderstanding of this most crucial, life-altering information. In this lecture, Julieanna will demystify some of the most pervasive myths and clarify just how simple nutrition really is.
- Veganism: How to Turn the Hottest, Most Important Trend Into A Long-Term Lifestyle. With an exploding marketplace, booming consumer demand, and increasing accessibility, veganism has reached an unpecedented crescendo. This presentation celebrates the successes of the vegan movement, point out the potential pitfalls of the modern vegan diet, and offer a comprehensive, simple plan to optimize nutrition for the healthiest long-term lifestyle.
- Corporate Wellness, Optimal Nutrition For Real Life. Life is busy, filled with schedules, work, family, friends, and more. Where does health fit in? In order to maximize productivity without compromising your most important asset – your health – it is crucial to consider some basic tenets for wellness. In this workplace seminar, we will tackle confusing health myths, taboos, and secrets; deep dive into the importance of nutrition and diet; and touch on other key lifestyle factors, such as exercise, sleep, and mindful living, that influence long-term health. With simple scientific background information, practical tips for applications, and an interactive, fun discussion, participants will leave feeling empowered and eager to implement easy, but significant lifestyle changes.
Writing and Interviews
Julieanna is the author of two peer-reviewed journal articles on plant-based nutrition for healthcare professionals (in Journal of Geriatric Cardiology and Permanente Journal), the best-selling book, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition, and The Vegiterranean Diet. She is the co-author of the new, Plant-Based Nutrition (Idiot’s Guide) 2E and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Gluten-Free Vegan Cooking. She is the nutrition columnist for VegNews Magazine and writes for various blogs, newsletters, and papers. Julieanna is an expert in answering questions, providing media quotes, and writing about various nutrition, fitness, and health-related topics. Contact Julieanna regarding her availability for potential writing and interview inquiries.
Nutrient Analysis, Recipe Development, and Meal Planning
Julieanna is a sought-after recipe developer and meal planning expert. She creates weekly meal plans for clients and groups, develops new recipes, and can nutrify any recipe to make it healthy, while maintaining its integrity. Julieanna works for various food product companies analyzing their product recipes and providing nutrition labels and in-depth nutrient analysis.
Weekly Food Journal Assessment
Master your goals and hone your meal plan by having your food journal assessed on a weekly basis. Designed as a sustainability service for those who have completed their nutrition assessment and/or program, this option will help keep you on track with accountability. Simply track all of your food and beverages consumed, including your fitness and symptoms, if applicable, using a simple email, document, or specialized app format. Send it in once a week or every two weeks for an analysis and accountability. Though you may know exactly what you need to do to reach and maintain your results, having an objective pair of eyes may be the perfect piece to motivate and inspire you to persist.