Happy Independence Day, America! Traditionally, this is one of the biggest BBQ days of the year. This time, woo your friends and help your body happily buzz by preparing and enjoying delicious plant-based green recipes to celebrate.
- Veggies like: bell peppers, onions, potatoes, corn on the cob, cabbage, eggplant, zucchini, asparagus, poblano pepper, portobello or other mushrooms, beets, and more. Here are some tips for grilling vegetables.
- Fruits like: peaches, nectarines, pineapple, banana, apples, figs, and more. Here some tips on grilling fruit.
- Veggie burgers, faux meat burgers, faux hot dogs.
- Tofu, tempeh, seitan.
And be sure to include plenty of healthy side dishes. Add gorgeous GREENS to boost immunity, enhance energy, and protect you from the hot sun, the not-so-healthy foods you may also include, and from day-to-day oxidation hits that we can’t help but come across. Here are some ways to add in more greens this 4th of July:
- Include a healthy salad with tons of greens. Use romaine, arugula, kale, collards, broccoli, mx greens, wild greens, red leaf, green leaf, cabbage, dandelion greens, and/or any greens you love. Try my favorite Kale Salad with Maple Mustard Dressing.
- Try these Maple-Glazed Brussels Sprouts for an insanely decadent side dish….or use it as a dessert…
- Pour a green smoothie for your beverage option like this Spicy Tropical Green Smoothie or It’s Easy Being Green Smoothie.
- You could opt for a lighter green juice to get things flowing.
- Chef AJ’s Leafy Green Dip makes the perfect appetizer.
- Add broccoli, peas, kale, or other greens to pasta dishes, casseroles, stews, or anything else you’re cooking by chopping and adding at the very last moment of cooking, like in this Japanoodles video.
Have a healthy, happy celebration and please share any recipes you are planning to enjoy (or afterwards, ones that were big hits)!