As a busy working Mama, I know how hard but important it is to get healthy lunches packed for the hubby and kids. Here are some tips for making healthier school lunches as seen on Perezitos.com:
- Spruce up your sandwiches with 100% whole grain and/or sprouted breads or tortillas.
- Use seed butters, hummus, guacamole, plant-based cheese, fresh fruit jam as spreads and fill ’em up with veggies.
- Try Noritos!
- Find creative to-go containers so you can put veggies with their favorite dips and dressings or fruit slices with a sweet sauce dipper.
- Try filling a thermos with soups and chilis.
- Always add some fruit.
- Include DIY whole food bars and cookies.